What you should read:
- This is very important to keep in mind, especially if you want to enjoy your reading experience.
- 1: You should read Anything.
- 2: Whatever you like.
- 3: There are no rules.
- 4: There is no age limit.
- 5: You can read whatever the hell you want.
- 6: I'm not going to tell you what you SHOULD be reading.
- 7: Because that's up to you.
- 8: Pick up ANY BOOK
- 9: And please,
- 10: Enjoy the hell out of it! (Or dislike it, it's all up to you!)
About racial profiling.
Looking at my photo, you’d think I don’t know anything about it firsthand. I have white skin privilege and I’m aware of that.
You may not know, but I live in Mexico. With my Mexican husband. On his side of the family, there’s Spaniard, Indio, and some African, coming in…
Couldn’t find a list like this, so…
Wesley Lowery, Washington Post journalist who was arrested while sitting in a McDonald’s.
Local alderman Antonio French.
Huffington Post journalist Ryan Reilly, who was also arrested while reporting on the protests.
I used to think that my ideal job was to write. To make up stories. To lie for a living. Now that I’m in it, though, now that I’m comfortable in my novelist skin, it doesn’t feel that way at all. I observe for a living. I steal for a living. I stylize for a living. I find things in the real…
I was there and the keynote and breakout sessions were both great. Thanks Maggie!